Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doud Dairy Farm Journal 11192009

DDFJ_11-19-2009
Time slips away from me, slowly sliding off my pate, to land quietly in the deep forest of sleep, where I do not often find myself peaceful. Here I find this bit of peace I seek, in a few feathered friends.
I am but given to wonder, if it will make sense to me tomorrow. As I wait, and wait for the weight to fall out from under me. I try to not think of this, but keep telling myself that it will uphold the frame of my dream, but is it really my dream after all, I wonder.



Are all my ducks in a row
or scattered, barely held together by paste, and hide glue.

I hate doubt, it creeps into you like the cold of winter, slowly, but ever still, it is there, chilling you until the spring breaks its grasp with warming sun light.

So there really is nothing new on the farm front. It sits there taunting me, just out of reach, but so close now I can almost smell the acrid flavor in my mouth, watering, wanting to pour milk on the floor, just to swim in the depths of my approaching exuberance.

If anyone is reading this and wondering why the pictures, well I really don't know, they are actually old pictures and they have not been messed with, just snapshots of the animals from a few months ago. I keep telling myself I should take some more recent pictures, but every time I get to work with the animals I am just doing my job and then when that is over, I don't take the time to wait. It is where they are located, there is an urgency to get out of there as fast as possible, because we don't want to hang around there. Besides there always seem to be something else we have to do. I don't want something else to do, I want to take care of the animals and watch them do what they do, and work on my photography, and the other things I do. I am going back to film, because until I can afford a really expensive digital camera, like a Nikon D90 or something, although I always thought I would not own a Nikon, I guess they won, film is better, and I can turn it into digital pictures. I won't set up a lab though, as I think that is worthless at this time. I really would like to move to large format, and then I guess I would need a lab, but I digress.

I wish, I pray, I whatever, that it should be.

Peace;
JD

No comments: